Items to bring
To bring or not to bring…
We request that prior to attending camp you:
- wash and dry all clothing and bedding at high heat,
- take clothing/bedding in cloth bags or plastic bags that can be placed in a dryer. No suitcases.
These precautions will help prevent the transfer of bed bugs or lice to Campfire!
We suggest you bring the following:
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blankets
- Towels & toiletries (including soap and shampoo/conditioner)
- Running shoes/boots
- Recreation activity equipment (balls, bats, paddles, etc.)
- First aid supplies
- Laundry soap if required
Depending on the season, these items may be useful and/or needed:
- Insect repellent
- Toboggan/snow shoes, cross-country skis
- Lawn chairs
- Plates, bowls, eating utensils, mugs, etc.
- Pots, pans, serving bowls, serving utensils, etc.
- A crate of vases
Kitchen usage does not include:
- Any food items
Upon request, the following are also available for your use:
- Firewood for indoor fireplaces & outdoor firepit
- Two outdoor barbecues
- Small audio/visual sound system with pull down screen and computer hook up ($50 rental fee applies)
When returning home from camp (or a hotel, boarding school, university residence, etc.) it is advisable to take the following precautions with bedding and clothing to prevent bed bugs from being inadvertently transferred. This same process is also effective in dealing with lice.
- Immediately upon returning home, keep the clothes and bedding outside or in a garage until they can be washed. Do not leave clothes, bedding, or bags where bugs could crawl out and escape before treating.
- Wash clothes and bedding in warm or hot water immediately and then place them in a hot dryer for at least 30 minutes.
*It is noted that you can try and treat luggage and bags by placing them in a chest freezer at -19 degrees C or lower for 4 days and start this timing after the luggage has cooled to -19 degrees. However, this method has not always been proven to be effective.
For more information please see the Bed Bugs page on the website and Understanding Bed Bugs
For more information, or to make a reservation, please contact Henriette VanHof at: 905-689-4449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.