We are blessed with many people who serve God through volunteering their time at Campfire. The opportunities to share your gifts and talents are varied and can be offered throughout the year. Service opportunities include the following:
- Work parties: Gather an eager group of people to come up for a weekend or a day to develop up our trails or build/work on special projects. For more info or to volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Cleaning crews: In between the weeks we run during the summer, we love to have our facilities receive a thorough cleaning to prepare our property for the next batch of campers and counsellors. Perhaps you can round up your youth group, Bible study or friends and come on up for a Saturday to help spruce up camp! For more info or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cooks: Every week during the summer, there are over 100 people who love their cooks dearly! You can come to camp with your husband (who could also help with some of the maintenance work while he’s there!), teen-aged children, friends or colleagues for this very rewarding opportunity to cook. Check out our Food Service Application to serve for a week at Campfire or you can email email@example.com for more info.
- Maintenance: If you are handy and love to build or fix things that have broken, this could be your opportunity to serve! Come for a week during the summer and help keep camp’s property in tiptop shape for the campers! And if we run out of things to be built or fixed, you could always help peel potatoes in the kitchen. For more info or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nurses: Every Monday, we need a nurse to come up to camp for a few hours to help our head nurse sit down with each camper and complete a health check. There is also an opportunity to come up during the week, to relieve our staff nurse for an evening or morning. This is a very rewarding opportunity as our nurses are loved by the campers! For more info or to volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Lice Checkers: Wondering how you are going to spend your Monday during the summer? Come up to help us give head checks to all of our campers! For more info or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bus Drivers: Many of our campers, including our campers who come from downtown Hamilton, are unable to get a ride up to Campfire! on Monday morning or get home on Friday Afternoon. Therefore, we enlist the help of bus drivers to provide transportation for these campers. As well, we love to take the campers on day trips throughout the week and without you, we can’t do it! For more info or to volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Bus Chaperones: Would you love to come and help camp out, but are unable to commit a full week? Well, you could ride the bus on a Monday or Friday and help chaperone the campers while the bus driver navigates the beautiful back roads to Campfire! For more info or to volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counsellors: What would camp be without our counsellors? Check out our counsellor page to find out how you can serve for a week at Campfire.
- Camp Mom: Are YOU a mom? If so, we have a job for you! Come to Campfire and put your mom skills to work a be a Camp Mom! Camp Moms are a great support for the staff, and the counsellors, but are especially important for the campers. They will be needed every week of camp. Some of the roles are, but are not limited to: interaction with campers throughout the day, helping create a homey and familiar environment for campers, and helping home sick campers. Camp loves Camp Moms. If this interests you please consider applying for this role at email@example.com.
Don’t see a volunteer opportunity that fits you? Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know what you would like to do and arrangements can be made!