We are excited to announce new staffing opportunities for summer 2020. All applications can be sent to Rebecca Blokker, Camp Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 31st. Please include two letters of reference and a short essay telling us about your faith journey and why you would like to serve as a full-time staff member at Campfire Bible Camp. Interviews will be held on Saturday, February 8th at Cornerstone CanRC in Hamilton, ON.
- A professing member of a Reformed church, who is committed to serving Jesus Christ.
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults in a camp setting.
- Current CPR, first aid certification, and police check by the time summer camp begins
- Must be adaptable and flexible and have the ability to relate to one’s peer group
- Enthusiasm, patience, desire for spiritual growth and integrity are necessary, and a sense of humour is desired!
The positions we are hiring for are: HEAD MEDIA and PART-TIME NURSE.
- Must be at least 20 years of age. Prior summer camp experience is an asset.
- Responsible to Camp Director and Program Director and assist them when necessary
- Help provide an environment where God can be praised and campers can grow in faith and obedience to God
- Ensure photos are taken at different activities happening at camp
- Post on social media a minimum of two times per day
- Edit photos and make a slideshow each week
- Upload photos of the week to the camp website every weekend
- Maintenance of pool every day. Allow 2-3 hours daily.
- Selling camp merchandise to parents and volunteers
PART TIME HEAD NURSE
- Must be at least 21 years of age, with administrative, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Prior camp setting experience is an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a nursing role
- Understanding of child health and development an asset
- Must be an RN or RPN with a current CNO registration in good standing
- Able to advise staff, counsellors, CIT’s, other volunteers, and campers in health related issues.
- Ability to communicate with parents before and during camp weeks.
- Able to work in a team setting, with volunteer nurses and the nursing committee
- Knowledge of and training in current issues regarding teen mental health is an asset.
*This staff member will arrive every Sunday at 4pm and stay until Tuesday at noon
*Interviews for this position will be scheduled for March, 2020. Information will follow when you apply